|Japanese Name||園智恵理 (その ちえり）|
|Romanized Name||Sono Chieri|
|English Name||Chieri Sono|
|Debut||Episode 01 - The Indelible Dream|
|Japanese Voice||Mayu Watanabe|
|English Voice||Emily Neves|
Chieri has long, wavy, aqua blue hair and blue eyes. She has a purple flower braided into her hair. Like all the AKB0048's trainees, she has a heart-shaped lining in her hair and eyes.
Chieri has a cool personality and her seriousness and dedication surpasses that of the other girls. She is also the daughter of a large conglomerate. She speaks her mind regardless of what anyone else will think, to the point of being considered rude by some of her friends, though she does it to help her friends and teammates. In the second season her personality has changed considerably, being more ongoing and cheerful.
During the AKB trial in The Young Girls' Trial, she speaks up to the court and delivers a pasionate speech, which makes her popularity increase. When she finds out that her father had been involved in the trial, and had sponsored a CM for her, she begins to resent her popularity. She tells Tsubasa that if she gets elected, she will graduate (quit) from the group.
At the General Elections, she gets elected, ranking 6th (9th in early results), but decides not to graduate as she realizes it would be disrespecful to her fans. After the General Elections, she and Nagisa declare their rivalry and their Kirara glow brightly together. Ooshima Yuuko said that light is just like Atsuko Maeda the 13th.
Due to becoming an elected member, her popularity increases even more and she does many concerts with the other elected members. Rumors also begin to circulate that she might succeed Atsuko Maeda.
In Inheritor of the Name, Chieri notices Nagisa is acting strange, but after Nagisa overcomes her doubts, Chieri notes that she is beginning to change. During the elected members' concert, Chieri and Yuuko both shone brightly. Chieri tells Yuuko that she will beat her but Yuuko replies that Chieri's radiance is not at Acchan's level yet.
In Beyond the Door, Chieri tells Nagisa that she was always by herself. Her father was hardly ever home, so she only had her servants, tutors, and self-defense instructor to keep her company. She also states that Nagisa, Yuka, and Orine were her first friends. Chieri mentions that her mother and brother had died.
- Her family's butler is Yasunaga.
- As shown in Season 1's opening, Chieri is skilled at the piano.
- Some of her fans in the series call her "Cherry", a nickname they have created for her.
- She and Yuuko both have a similar fringe.
- She doesn't like peppers.
- Her first friends were Nagisa, Yuka, and Orine.
- She ran away from home to attend the auditions of 0048.
- Her birthday is on December 8th, which is the day AKB48 debuted.
- According to Yuuko, her radiance combined with Nagisa's could rival that of the last Acchan.
- It is revealed in Episode 11 that Chieri had an older brother, but he died. She also had a mother who died before the beginning of the series. By the end of the episode, her father was shot.
- In Episode 13, she becomes the Center Nova.